Is there a Substitute for Spray Starch? January 28 2022
Who doesn’t want great looking laundry? Why look like complete bum when you could look like a suave secret agent? People that look good usually have a secret product or two up their sleeve and one of those secrets is London Laundry Ironing Spray, a substitute for spray starch. Starching has a long history and its often associated with commercial laundry and uniforms. But what if there was a way to get a crisp look that is not too stiff?
What is Spray Starch?
Spray starch is traditionally used as an aid while ironing. Ironing is faster and much smoother when you use spray starch. Starch also allows you to have the look of pleats, and starched collars will hold their form longer. Spray starch is also popular with people who enjoy sewing, especially quilting projects, because spray starch makes it easier to cut fabric. Lastly, it makes the clothing last longer since dirt and sweat stick to the starch and not the materials.
Starch is cheap and readily available. Most commonly it is found in an aerosol bottle at most grocery and drug stores. These products will help you on your way to looking great but they also have their drawbacks.
Pros and Cons of Spray Starch
- Versatile and can be used for a variety of different fabrics
- Makes ironing easier
- Protects clothes from wrinkles
- Doesn’t stain clothing
- Can remove odors from fabric
- Can attract bugs
- Can make fabrics feel incredibly stiff
- Could cause allergic reactions
The Substitute for Spray Starch: London Laundry Ironing Spray
Ironing spray is a great substitute for spray starch. Ironing spray differs from spray starch because:
- Creates significantly less stiffness than spray starch and leaves you looking dashing!
- Lighter than starch
How to Use London Laundry Ironing Spray
London Laundry Ironing Spray is not a spray starch – it is a starch alternative. It’s active ingredient is a starchy-like substance that adds body to fabric and also added ingredients to bust through wrinkles.
This can break through the more stubborn wrinkles so that you can get the neat looking clothing that you want. There are several features and benefits you get when using this option over the traditional spray starch, including:
- Giving new life and body to clothing
- Special ingredients to make ironing a breeze
- Non-aerosol and non-clogging spray bottle
- Crisp but not stiff look
To use this spray, you need to follow these steps:
- Shake bottle.
- Keep the spray bottle between 6 and 10 inches away from clothing when spraying.
- Slowly spray, being careful not to overspray the ironing spray on the materials.
- Iron clothes right after spraying for optimal results.
London Laundry Ironing Spray is a great product that gives you all of the benefits of spray starch, without all of the extra stiffness that spray starch is known for. While spray starch has long been the popular choice for people who want fresher and crisp looking clothing, ironing spray is quickly becoming the better option.